Here's part one of my wish list: Underneath My Christmas Tree
On my first wish list, it was mostly comprised of a variety of makeup and skincare products. I also included books, jewelry, accessories related to guitar, and accessories related to photography. I had a lens on my list, but ended up getting it last week from my husband. It was an early Christmas gift!
I figured I would come up with some more ideas. You never know if the items would be hard to find or if all the items on my list were crossed off (I'm totally not saying they are, but you never know. Plus, it is best to have as many options as possible). On all of my lists, I include things in a wide price range. I don't normally want a lot of expensive things. Of course, I would like a new Macbook, since mine is almost five years old. Sure, I want tons of $1000+ lens and a studio kit, but I definitely wouldn't put that on my list.
Without further adieu... Part II of Underneath My Christmas Tree
1. I think this Polaroid Tabletop Photo Studio Lighting Kit will be great for taking photos of products. I would absolutely love to have this setup, even though it is only sixteen inches tall. However it comes with: two output lights (high-watt), three diffuser screens, four backdrops, 16" lighting tent (light box), tripod stand, and carrying case.
2. I would never use these professionally, but I've wanted these for about two years. I also thought that the Create Beautiful Effects with the Bokeh Kit looked super fun. I could only imagine using these while capturing the lights on a Christmas tree.
3. My favorite type of books are anything that are psychology related, non-fiction, or memoirs. In fact on part one of my Christmas list 2013 list, I have three books on it. Two of those three are memoirs; Confessions of a Sociopath and Melissa Explains It All: Tales From My Abnormally Normal Life. I just finished watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix. The woman that is the center of the series wrote a memoir with the same title, Orange is the New Black. I'm totally aware that the book is NOT like show. It's obviously exaggerated on the show to make it more entertaining and to have more conflict. (see: 6 Major Differences Between "Orange is the New Black" the Book and TV Show).
4. I think this would be cute to carry my lens in, instead of my normal lens case (Photorito Lens Wrap).
5. I love nail polish and fell in love with this color from the essie Fall 2013 collection (After School Boy Blazer).
6. I would love to have a couple of these to throw in my camera bag just in case (Lens Pen).
1. I've had my eye on Alex and Ani bracelets for a few years. I couldn't resist not putting this particular one on my list. After all, it says "Everything Happens For a Reason." It has been my life motto for over the past ten years and the name of my blog.
2. This is not only super cute but would be helpful when laying out my camera and lenses on uneven surfaces (Adorama Bean Bag).
3. I think these lens cap covers are super fun and definitely can make you stand out. I'm sure that these will guarantee to make me and others smile (Snack Cap Lens Caps).
4. I love to bake and would love to have these in my kitchen (The Camera Cookie Cutter set).
5. I also carry my USB cable and wall plug for my iPhone. You just never know when the battery will run down or when you'll need extra "juice." Instead of continually carrying that around, I always wanted one of those cute mobile chargers (the ones that could fit in your pocket). However, I remember J. Crew and Kate Spade having them for the iPhone 4 and 4S (like this one), but so far none for the iPhone 5. I even bought a similar product almost ten years ago (obviously, it wasn't for the iPhone), but the portable mobile charger lasted only once. Boo. This one from Lily Pulitzer is super cute.
If you are one of the 32 million people that is in the path of the storm and that is effected or supposed to be, stay safe and warm!